Are you looking for Mother’s Day gift ideas?
Our province has just entered another Stay at Home Order and this pandemic has been challenging for everyone. We have been thinking of how to support our amazing local Manitoulin Island artists, artisans, and businesses during these challenging times. What better way than to promote shopping and dining (take-out) locally? With Mother’s Day coming up, we thought of some great Mother’s Day gift ideas that you can find locally.
Some of our favourite Manitoulin Mother’s Day Gift Ideas:
The Island Jar is Manitoulin Island’s one stop shop for health food items, bulk items, eco-friendly household items, and more. You can find some of their favourite Mother’s Day gift ideas such as:
- The Island Jar House Blend (Espanola Coffee Roasters) – What Mom isn’t fuelled on good coffee?
- Maiden Manitoulin Handmade Soap
- Wild + Free Tote Bags by Modest Makings x The Island Jar
Island Home Outfitters – They’ve got something for every mom’s style! Housewares to personal care and cozy clothing! I have to admit that whenever I need gift items for friends or family members, Island Home Outfitters has me covered. My only problem is that I usually find something I want to get for myself! In all fairness, usually whatever I add to my wish list is actually for the home.
Finnia Chocolate and Cacao is Northern Ontario’s bean-to-bar chocolate maker. Finnia Chocolate handcrafts their all-natural bars and truffles on Manitoulin Island. If you ask us, chocolate is a great gift for all occasions! Surprise Mom this Mother’s Day with a treat that she is sure to love!
Maiden Manitoulin Herbalist crafted, locally harvested lose leaf tea blends, beeswax candles, Bathing ceremonies and salt soaks, aroma therapeutic after bath, body and linen sprays and more. Give Mom some special “Me Time” this Mother’s Day! Me Time and self-care are not just important — They’re absolutely necessary.
Looking for great Mother’s Day gift ideas? Check out Maiden Manitoulin’s enchanting soaking ceremony for the senses. This offering includes a highly aromatic salt bath, loaded with wild roses and local oats, 2 infused tea lights and a locally harvested, herbalist crafted tea blend, perfect to soothe and nourish the Soul.
Bare Naked Beauty is a line of all-natural beauty products for face, body, bath and hair. Created with vegan-friendly, organic when possible, local and fair trade ingredients.
Since it can sometimes be a for moms to get some down time, make life a bit easier for your Mom and gift her a Bare Naked Beauty subscription box like the one below.
Eenvoudig – Simply Unique People often ask where we can find fun, functional clothing on Manitoulin Island. Eenvoudig Simply Unique makes baby, toddler and kids’ clothing, as well as face masks, swimwear, cloth diapers, bibs, hats, adult wear, and more. I’ve bought face masks for my family and grow-with-me hoodies for my nieces, nephews, and my friends’ kids. The quality is excellent and every item is well-made.
Maple Ridge FarmHis & Hers Maple Syrup! The glass container is beautiful and the metal container is a great idea for camp!
100% pure organic maple syrup from Manitoulin Island’s North Shore.
Every bottle of maple syrup that leaves our farm is made right here with the care and attention to detail that our customers tell us leads to great taste every time.
JD’s Manitoulin Garden Centre Planters and Hanging Baskets of Flowers are Mother’s Day gift ideas that JD’s Garden recommends. Now is a great time to get Mom some flowers and greenery to help decorate her outdoor living space and help her make it her little oasis!
High Vibe Designs Helping individuals connect with source and intuition. Raising their vibration and that of the collective. Art Oracle readings and original artwork available.
Some of Sheina’s favourite Mother’s Day gift suggestions include:
1. 11 Card Soul Journey Audio Reading
2. HIGHVIBE Art Oracle Deck
3. HIGHVIBE Clarity Coach Call
4. Soul Journey Oracle Art
- Our Mother’s Day Flower Basket! Traditional, but always beautiful and timeless – show her you care with the gift of flowers. Our flowers are treated with the utmost care to not only look beautiful when they arrive, but also to last – so she’ll get to enjoy them for the week to come! This particular basket retails for $49.99. (Flower arrangements are also great options because they are so customizable. Whether your Mom loves the spring color combinations – or your looking for something a little more unique, we can tailor a design perfect for her, and your budget!)
- Our super cute candle arrangements! These come with a lovely display for Mother’s Day – and the candle acts as a perfect reminder and something for Mom to enjoy for weeks to come!
- Our “Just for Mom” basket. This gift basket retails for $49.99 – and includes all sorts of delicious surprises, sure to make her feel special.
- Our “Taste of Manitoulin” basket. This gift basket has a little bit of everything from various Manitoulin and Northern Ontario makers, and is full of goodness! If your Mom isn’t the “flower” type – this is the perfect solution. We pride ourselves in creating baskets with delicious, quality products that folks truly want to receive! This basket begins at $69.99.
- A planter with succulents! These easy to care for plants liven up any space – and look beautiful while remaining low maintenance. They’re also extremely popular.
I don’t know about you, but fresh flowers and lots of plants in my house always make me happy. They just brighten up my day. What Mom wouldn’t love beautiful flowers or a thoughtful gift basket? E’s Flowers and Gifts by Design serves Manitoulin Island and Espanola.
Though we may not be able to take Mom out for a Mother’s Day celebration now that we’re in the midst of a global pandemic, we can still support local restaurants and still enjoy having a meal that we don’t have to cook!
One of my family’s favourite eateries is the Garden’s Gate Restaurant. It’s close to home and the food is delicious. In the past year, this Island favourite has undergone new ownership.
Kevin, a Red Seal Chef with over 30 yrs in the industry. Kevin spent the last 12 years honing his skills and expanding his network. As a Chef Technician at Fanshawe College, he was responsible for helping to shape hundreds of culinary students from all over the world.
Sheina is also classically trained in French cuisine and service. She spent her first 15 years in the workforce exploring all facets of restaurant and food service.
When I asked the new owners of the Garden’s Gate their favourite Mother’s Day gift ideas from their business, they responded with:
1. Picnic Box + Date in their favourite outdoor spot
2. Gift Certificates
3. Freezer Meals
4. Breakfast, a lunch or Dinner Thursday-Saturday
Since moms are busy, a freezer meal or meal that they don’t have to cook is one of the BEST gifts any mom can receive. It’s like a little help in the kitchen and the gift of extra time!
The Flower Hutch has 36 years design experience and is eager to help you with your floral requirements. They can create arrangements for every occasion. If you want to show someone Mom that you are thinking of her, let The Flower Hutch help you choose that special floral design.
T-LEE Beautiful handmade items made with love. I first discovered T-LEE’s creations at a Christmas Market a few years ago, and I bought my daughter a rainbow coloured rug for her room. I then found T-LEE on Facebook and have been a big fan of her wraps, ponchos, knitted hats, etc.
What Mom wouldn’t love one of these lovely wraps or ponchos?
Northern Sprinkles Cookie Kits has the cutest cookie kits for your family to enjoy decorating (and eating)! This Mother’s Day, treat Mom to her own cookie kit! So much fun!
DIY Cookie Decorating Kits for Northern families looking for something fun and sweet to do in a not so sweet time!
Jordyn (11 years old at the time she began Tie Dye by Jordyn) sparked a young entrepreneur idea and has a passion for Tie Dye! During the pandemic, her passion grew into something larger than life! In no time, Jordyn and her Mom were flooded with orders for tie dyed t-shirts, hoodies, masks, crop tops, tank tops, and more. They’re constantly adding to their product line!
KT Creations Recently KT discovered she had a love for woodworking and epoxy. KT has been resident on Manitoulin for 15 years. In her “real life” KT runs our local radio stations, Country 103 and Hits 100 and keeps us busy with Manitoulin Country Fest and Rockin’ The Rock. Like many others, COVID created some free time where KT really discovered her love of woodworking. KT Creations includes cutting boards, charcuterie boards, and river tables. For more details or to contact her go to KT Creations on Facebook or @KTCreationsOnManitoulin on IG.
If you’re looking for personalized Mother’s Day gift ideas, Mom and Jellybean Creations makes vinyl crafts. This mother and daughter team has products available or they can try to make your perfect custom order.
Mom and Jellybean Creations’ favourite Mother’s Day gifts are:
- Mom self-care kit with bathtub board
- special coffee mugs
Drawn to timeless places, I draw them.
Is your mom an art lover?
“Jenna Carter documents her surroundings through pen and paint with animated realness. Inspired by wild beauty, classic architecture, and unconventionality, her work appreciates both the forgotten and well-loved places with fine detail, true colour, and honest texture.”
There’s something so special about the scenes that Jenna paints. For many who live on the Island or who have visited the Island, seeing familiar Manitoulin scenes connects us to those special places and reminds us of memories we associate with those places. Some of my favourite works from Jenna are her paintings of Treasure Island, the Swing Bridge, Water Street in Little Current, Bridal Veil Falls, and Burt Farm.
Distinctly Canadian since 1879, Turners has something for everyone. Whether it be household items, gifts, or clothing, Turners has some great items. Through the years, I’ve always found some great items at Turners. Their gifts and art gallery are impressive.
Treat your Mom to this stylish yet comfortable flowy top and super soft leggings outfit compliments of Carousel Barn Boutique.
Royal Blue Top (medium)
Calm Water Leggings (fits 2-12/14)
Knotted by Maddie – Give Mom a special bracelet and key chain handmade on Manitoulin Island. Every item is made and packaged with love!
This Mother’s Day, find the perfect gift from Manitoulin Island!
We also wanted to share the love not only for our local artists, artisans, and businesses, but for our amazing followers. We’ve decided to share joy by hosting a MEGA Manitoulin Mother’s Day Giveaway with items from all of the above mentioned artists and shops.
18 Manitoulin Island artists, artisans and businesses would like to help make this Mother’s Day a special one, especially given our current circumstances. This pandemic has not been easy on anyone.
**Head over to @lifeonmanitoulin on Instagram and Facebook to see how you can enter the Manitoulin Mother’s Day Facebook and Instagram Giveaway!**
Over $700 worth in prizes from the following:
1. The Island Jar Wild + Free Tote Bag, Island Jar House Blend Coffee & 1 Maiden Manitoulin Handmade Earthing Soap (Total value $70.50)
The Island Jar on Facebook and @theislandjar on Instagram.
2. Island Home Outfitters #momlife tote prizepack ($100)
Island Home Outfitters on Facebook and @islandhomeoutfitters on Instagram.
3. Finnia Chocolate Spring Chocolate Tasting Box ($40)
Finnia Chocolate and Cacao on Facebook and @finniachocolate on Instagram.
4. Maiden Manitoulin Roses in Milk soaking ceremony ($35)
Maiden Manitoulin on Facebook and @maiden.manitoulin on Instagram.
5. Bare Naked Beauty Subscription box ($125)
Bare Naked Beauty on Facebook and @bnbnaturalproducts on Instagram.
6. Eenvoudig – Simply Unique 1 Cardigan of their colour choice and size
Eenvoudig Simply Unique on Facebook and @eenvoudig_simply_unique_ on Instagram.
7. Maple Ridge Farm Maple Syrup ($40)
Maple Ridge Farm currently has no Instagram of Facebook page.
8. JD’s Manitoulin Garden Centre 16″ Hanging Basket (Approx $100)
JD’s Manitoulin Garden Centre on Facebook and @jdsmanitoulin on Instagram.
9. High Vibe Designs HIGHVIBE Art Oracle Deck! Made on Manitoulin! ($48)
High Vibe Designs by Sheina on Facebook and @highvibesstudio on Instagram.
10. E’s customer’s choice of a ($65 Value) Gift Basket OR a ($65) Flower Arrangement
E’s on Facebook and @esflowers.ca on Instagram.
11. The Garden’s Gate Restaurant Gourmet Gift Basket
The Garden’s Gate Restaurant on Facebook and @gardensgatemanitoulin on Instagram.
12. The Flower Hutch Relaxation Basket + Gift Certificate that can be used for online shopping or fresh flowers ($210 total value)
The Flower Hutch on Facebook and @theflowerhutchmanitoulin on Instagram.
13. T-LEE cute crochet beach bag ($20)
14. Northern Sprinkles Cookie Kits 1 Custom Cookie Kit! (Value $25)
Northern Sprinkles Cookie Kits on Facebook and@northernsprinklescookiekits on Instagram.
15. Tie Dye by Jordyn – Any items of their choice ($50 value)
Tie Dye by Jordyn on Facebook.
16. KT Creations small charcuterie board with epoxy run ($75)
KT Creations on Facebook and @ktcreationsonmanitoulin on Instagram.
17. Mom and Jellybean Creations Mom, Another Name for Super Hero Apron and Be the Whisper that Ignites Someone’s Soul Tote.
Mom and Jellybean Creations on Facebook.
18. Jenna Carter (Artist) 10-pack of “Linda’s Garden” note cards with envelopes + a signed 8.5 x 11″Jenna Carter print ($45)
Jenna Carter on Facebook and @jennacarterartist on Instagram.
19. Turners of Little Current Functional Made in Ontario Pottery – 2 mugs ($60 value)
Turners of Little Current on Facebook, here and @turners1879 on Instagram.
20. Carousel Barn Boutique 1 Royal Blue Top (medium) & 1 Calm Water Leggings (fits 2-12/14)
Carousel Barn Boutique on Facebook.
21. Knotted by Maddie handmade bracelet and key chain.
@knotted.by.maddie on Instagram.
This giveaway is open to residents of Canada. 1 winner will be selected per prize, so there will be 18 winners selected at random. If winners are residents of Manitoulin Island, they may arrange curbside pick up for their prize at a designated pick up location. If the winners live elsewhere in Canada, prize will be shipped to them. Giveaway ends April 27th, 2021. Winners will be notified and will have 48 hrs to claim prize. Failure to claim prize results in a new winner being selected.
This giveaway is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with Facebook or Instagram.
BONNIE KOGOS says
DARLING CHRISTINE, HELLO!
MAY I WRITE ABOUT YOU? IT IS SUNDAY AFT…..AND MY email is
BonniKogos@aoL.com, I would love to interview you! The way we’d work is I ask questions, you talk, I listen, then I curate the column and then you correct it. All good and easy… We’d have such fun! My land line is 212-679-9438 and my cell is 917-363-0699 and I am also on What’s App. Yet I’d phone you to chat and we’d need 20 minutes or so… and a photo. Up for this?
Love, Bonnie in NYC…