It’s the little touches that make gift-giving even more special.
Disclosure – This post was written in affiliation with Hallmark Canada as part of their #LoveHallmarkCA ambassador program. All thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are my own.
Sure, Christmas is not about the flashy gifts and spending lots of money. This is something I remind my daughter of every year. As a Christian family, we celebrate the birth of Christ. That’s not to say that gifts are not part of our celebration. Little One and I put careful thought into what we will give our family and friends for Christmas each year. Our family is growing and this year with the addition of four new babies! Exciting times.
One thing I told Little One is that there is no present too small. For me, acts of service is a big thing. I love performing acts of service, and also being the recipient of acts of service. This is why baking tons of cookies is a big thing for us. Little One and I bake several varieties of cookies each Christmas season and give them to our Canada Post, Purolator, FedEX, and Muskoka Delivery people. Little One also enjoys delivering her cookies to some of our senior friends on the Island. She enjoys having a good visit, going for tea, and watching them enjoy the cookies that she baked.
I think that it is the little touches that make gift-giving even more special. Be it a cute little card, some festive ribbon, or a cute gift bag, the little touches show we put extra love into preparing the gifts.
I found some really cute gift bags available at Hallmark. They’ve got gift bags of all sizes and designs. I know it may sound a bit silly, but I’m all about the presentation. I love making people happy with even the smallest, most heartfelt gift-giving items, but I like to ensure that the presentation is just right. The littlest touches are personal touches, and they show that you put love, time, and thought into your gifts. Even if it’s just homemade cookies, you’re giving!
Hallmark also has beautiful cards. I like to send Christmas cards to our loved ones all over Canada, the U.S., and overseas. Each year, I like to take a bit of time to write a little note to touch base and catch up. I love sending and receiving letters and cards, and feel with the advent of e-mail and Facebook, the tradition of old school letter-writing is becoming a dying art. I want to keep that art alive. Who doesn’t love to receive a thoughtful note in the mail?
Some cute items available at Hallmark Canada this season, if you’re stumped for gift-giving ideas.
· “Stockings Hung with Care” music & motion plush; 14th in the series: This decorative piece is so cheery! Press the button to watch snowman move and sing a song to the tune of “Jolly Old St. Nicholas”, with some help from his faithful pal, Rex. 14th in series. Plush with felt attachments. Candy canes light up in sync with the music. MSRP: $17.95 with the purchase of 3 cards.
· “Blessed” water bottle: This glass bottle is for decorative use only. MSRP: $19.95
· Poinsettia tea lights; battery operated: Pack of 4 pointsettia tea lights. Beautiful to display during the holidays. Makes any room in the house feel festive. MSRP: $14.95
· Dated Frame: Whimsical lines and swirls dance across the base of this red felt-covered photo frame, a festive way to display this year’s family portrait. MSRP: $19.95
· Snowman Tea Towel w/ Dish: This ceramic appetizer plate and tea towel set makes a cute gift or keep it for yourself to dress up your table during the holidays. MRSP: $24.95
· Winter Cocktails book: “Winter Cocktails: Mulled Ciders, Hot Toddies, Punches, Pitchers, and Cocktail Party Snacks”. Coordinates with Barware. Hardcover. MSRP: $19.95
· Mover & Shaker Martini Glass: Holds 10 oz. Handmade blown glass and gift boxed. MSRP: $19.95
· Wooden bottle tag: Attach to bottles of wine and liquor as a festive addition to your gift. Faux-leather and wood. MSRP: $4.95 each
· Glass Wine Charms: Set of 6 Handmade Blown Glass Charms and Glass Beads on Wire Ring with Closure. MSRP: $14.95
· Decorative Santa: This mixed media Santa is a lovely decorative piece. MSRP $32.95
· Decorative Santa in Sleigh: This decorative piece has a hand-carved look. Bottle-brush tree. Leather straps. Metal runners on sleigh. Really cute. MSRP: $39.95
· Build Your Own Snowman Ornament Kit: We add a new handmade ornament to our tree each year. I also collect snowman ornaments, so this is perfect! Set of 3 ornaments. You can create your own unique ornaments with mix-and match parts designed by Keepsake Artist Tammy Haddix! Includes paint, brushes, and glitter for personalization.
Not Dated. MSRP: $24.99
· 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Kiddie Car Classic ornament: For the classic car collector in your family. MSRP: 24.99
· itty bittys® Peanuts® : Classic holiday Peanuts characters. Adorable – collect them all. MSRP: $6.95
· Metal rectangular tray with 3” pillar candle: Decorative metal tray MSRP: $24.95. 3″ pillar candle requires 2 AA batteries. MSRP: $9.95
· Felt gift bag: Fun Santa cinch gift bag. MSRP: 4.99
Little One took it upon herself to start decorating the house for Christmas. She put together this really cute centerpiece with this metal rectangular tray with 3″ pillar candle. The candle is flame-less and operated by battery. I’m a bit thankful, because I get terrible migraines with heavily scented candles or room fresheners.
I love it so much that I will be giving one lucky Life on Manitoulin reader a metal rectangular tray with 3″ pillar candle too! To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below. Open to residents of Canada only, excluding the province of Quebec. Flash Giveaway ends December 14, 2017.
Keep it for yourself, or give it to a friend! It makes a great gift-giving item!