Guest post by Anita, who is a true romantic. Please note that a few of us will be posting for Christine while she recovers from her concussion and whiplash. Sincerely, Anita xo
Hi. I’m Anita, and I am a hopeless romantic. Since this year I’m not celebrating Valentine’s Day with a partner, I’m celebrating with my girlfriends. That’s right. We’re calling it “Galentine’s Day“! We’ll be going out for dinner and drinks, and exchanging Galentine’s Day presents. It may sound cheesy, but we think it’s fun!
How to celebrate Galentine’s Day, you ask?
- Call, text, email, FB message your friends (who aren’t celebrating Valentine’s Day with a partner) and plan a dinner date. Pick a favourite restaurant or try a new place in town!
- Optional – Before the Galentine’s Day get together, plan to exchange a little gift. You could bring chocolate or something little that you think a friend would like.
- Dress in whatever makes you feel awesome! You’re going out for dinner with your close friends, so have fun!
- When at the restaurant, everyone order something off the menu to share! Have a blast!
- Alternately, you can opt to order pizza and watch a bunch of Rom-Coms together! If not into Romantic Comedies, why not watch a bunch of Thrillers instead? 🙂
Some cute gift ideas for the romantic on your list
Christine showed me some special items for Valentine’s Day from Hallmark Canada. I have to say that they are all so very pretty! I love the hint of sparkle and bling in the gold accent journal and coasters. The gold apple paperweight is also a favourite of mine. Hallmark Canada totally brings a touch of class to these gift items!
The pretty wristlet just makes me feel like Spring is around the corner. A girl can dream, right? Seriously, the pastel hues just evoke Springtime! So pretty.
Of course, you will find the perfect Valentine’s Day card at Hallmark Canada, along with all the decorating items needed to present your sweetheart with a special gift.I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t obsessed with the Valentine’s tissue paper and gift bags! So cute!
Oh, and how cute are these stemless wine glasses?
Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart or Galentine’s Day with your close friends, I hope your day is a great one!
Disclosure – Guest post written by Anita. This post was written in affiliation with Hallmark Canada. Christine is part of the #LoveHallmarkCA panel. All thoughts and opinions in this blog post belong to the author of this post.