Summer is finally here, and that means it’s time for Summer entertaining. One of the things I love most about Summer is enjoying home-cooked meals on the patio and sharing good food, conversation, and laughs with loved ones.
Whether you’re doing some outdoor dining on the patio, or packing a picnic lunch for a family hike, or going to a potluck BBQ party, it’s important to have some really mouthwatering recipes in your repetoire, and some awesome dishware or containers to serve your food in!
We decided to go on a picnic with another family. Summers call for hiking, picnic, and a swim! I was volunTOLD by my seven-year old to make my “perfect picnic potato salad”, fruit salad, and some homemade cookies.
Perfect Picnic Potato Salad
- 6-8 medium sized potatoes, cooked, peeled, diced
- 2 cups of peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup carrot, cooked, peeled, diced
- 1 cup corn, cooked
- 2 cups cooked, diced ham
- 1 small handful fresh chives, chopped
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (you can add more if you wish)
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maille Old Style Whole Grain Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil potatoes until tender. Drain, let cool, remove skin, and cut into bite-sized cubes
- Boil carrots, corn, and peas until tender, drain, season with s & p, and set aside.
- In a mixing boil, add all your dressing ingredients and mix well.
- In a large bowl/serving dish, transfer cooked potatoes, veggies, cooked ham, and add dressing, making sure to gently coat potato mixture with dressing.
- Add fresh, chopped chives and serve (or bring to picnic, BBQ, potluck).
Summer Entertaining with Snapware
I’m always on the look out for kitchenware, kitchen gadgets, and basically all things for the kitchen and for cooking and entertaining. When I discovered Snapware’s Entertaining items, I was really excited at all the prospects of Summer entertaining!
- Turquoise 5 Quart Entertain-a-Bowl ($19.99)
- 4-Piece Small Value Pack, Yellow & Pink Entertain-a-Bowls ($17.99)
- Fruit & Veggie-tainer ($19.99)
I’ve had several inquiries from friends, family, and fellow parents from Little One’s school and dance regarding the Snapware products.
The 5 Quart Entertain-a-Bowl is perfect for serving Little One’s favourite “perfect picnic potatoes” in. The size of this bowl is ideal for salads of all sorts or even sides or main dishes!
Entertain-a-Bowls are spill-proof serve and store bowls that are playful and expressive.
- Lid securely latches to bowl for spill-proof storage and transport
- Carrying handles provide On-The-Go transportability
- Food presents well with polished white bowl interiors
- Lidded bowls nest together for easy storage
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
Fruit & Veggie-tainer:
The Fruit & Veggie-tainer is another favourite.
I love that I can fit lots of veggies in there, and even add dip in the centre without worrying about spillage. The dip section has a tight-fitting lid and storage is a snap. What’s even greater is that you can add ice in the bottom section to keep fruit and veggies chilled. This is perfect for entertaining or when you need to transport your food to a party or BBQ!
- 4-pc Colander/Bowl set includes one 25.3-cup bowl with matching spill proof cover, removable colander and covered dip container.
- Snap lock 6-latch lid with easy to carry handle opens & shuts easily
- Microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe and dishwasher-top rack only
- BPA free polypropylene container and lid
- Four-compartment colander/divider with covered dip container
- Large salad bowl can be used with or without the divider
- Room for ice: Place ice inside of the bowl to keep food fresh and crisp at parties
- Perfect for picnics, parties and everyday use.
It’s great that we can use the products both indoors and outdoors! They’re ideal for entertaining at pool parties, graduation parties, BBQs, or even just indoors!
Since it’s Summertime and you’re probably as excited as I am about Summer entertaining, Snapware and I are giving away the exact same items shown in this blog post to one lucky Life on Manitoulin reader!
Giveaway products are the same as what I received. To enter, simply complete the Rafflecopter form below. Open to residents of Canada and the U.S. and ends on July 18th, 2016.
Tell me, what’s your signature Summer entertaining dish?
Connect and engage with Snapware here:
Disclosure – This is a sponsored post. This post was written in affiliation with World Kitchen LLC/Snapware. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are honest and my own.