One of the questions I am often asked is “Where to stay on Manitoulin Island for tent and trailer vacations?”
Manitoulin Island is a treasure to behold. Crystal blue (almost turquoise) water and natural habitat with indigenous flora and fauna make the Island a special place. Tucked away and far from the hustle and bustle of busy city life, it’s a great place to come for some rest and relaxation, and it’s a great place to explore! Beaches, farmers’ markets, hiking trails, art galleries, and waterfalls are all just a snippet of what awaits visitors on the Island.
For accommodations, there are plenty of inns, motels, B & Bs, and tent and trailer parks to choose from.
Here are a Few Places Stay on Manitoulin Island if you want to Tent and Trailer Camp
- Providence Bay Tent & Trailer Park – 250 campsites on Manitoulin’s longest and safest sand beach. Campsites are private, spacious and forested with birch, poplar, pine and cedar which makes our park dry and virtually free of black flies and mosquitoes. Electric and water hook-ups, central dumping station and pump-out service. Free hot showers, flush toilets. Drilled well which provides you with excellent drinking water.
- Batman’s Cottages & Campground – Escape and Discover an area perfect for an enriching camping experience. Safe, clean and fun. Family Camping at it’s best on Manitoulin Island!
- Gordon’s Park Eco-Resort – Gordon’s Park offers large private wooded sites nestled in the cover of our forest, each equipped with a picnic table, campfire pit, and parking for one vehicle. Access to eco-friendly showers, comfort station, and summer kitchen and dish-washing station is included in your stay.
- Watson’s Camp & Trailer Park – Watson’s Camp is located on the South Shore of beautiful Lake Manitou on Manitoulin Island, Ontario. The camp offers cabins, trailer sites and campgrounds and has a modern shower house with flush toilets. All situated on acres of forest with clean, acid-free water famous for trout, perch and bass!
Watson’s Camp also has firewood and a freezer service. At your fingertips are wildflowers, birds, rocks and fossils for photographers, naturalists and rock hounds. The wildlife is abundant! Their walking trails go for miles!
- South Bay Resort – Boasting 2000 feet of waterfront, their shallow sandy swimming area is ideal for all ages. The amazing sunsets will be sure to take your breath away. This is your destination for relaxation.
- Green Acres Tent & Trailer Park – Green Acres is located on the North Channel in the bay of Sheguiandah. You’ll feel right at home with an excellent sand beach, fishing and home cooked meals in their restaurant. Green Acres Tent and Trailer Park is a great place to unwind and enjoy your camping/RV trip on Manitoulin.
- Manitoulin Resort – Manitoulin Resort is close to Wikwemikong First Nation Unceded Reserve, where the annual Pow Wow, one of the biggest in Ontario, takes place on the Civic Holiday weekend in August. Fall brings colour tours and local fall fairs for a change of pace. The many communities on Manitoulin offer shopping, restaurants, banking, gift shops, medical services and other amenities. Roads are well maintained with light traffic, perfect for cycling or a leisurely scenic drive. Hiking enthusiasts will enjoy Manitoulin’s famous Cup and Saucer trail which is only twenty minutes from Manitoulin Resort.
- Mindemoya Court Cottages & Campground – Enjoy the waterfront Cottage, Campground and RV resort located on crystal clear Lake Mindemoya, Manitoulin Island. The resort offers over 18 acres of private groomed recreational area which includes a softball diamond, a volley ball court, horseshoe pit, bonfire pit and bicycle trails. Let your children safely explore the wonders of nature worry free in our private setting away from traffic. Recreational activities are limited only by your imagination – with beautiful Lake Mindemoya footsteps from your cottage or campsite.
- Uncle Steve’s Park & Cabins – Uncle Steve’s Park & Cabins currently has 40 seasonal trailer sites and is in the process of developing more. Uncle Steve’s is a small, family friendly, resort with a laid back kind of feel.
- Oakes Cottages & Trailer Park – A hearty welcome awaits you at Oakes Cottages and Trailer Park, located on the shores of Lake Mindemoya, Manitoulin Island, Canada.
- Fred’s Camp – Located on a point on the crystal clear waters of Lake Kagawong in the centre of Manitoulin Island, Fred’s Camp has bungalows and cottages and camp grounds, for your stay.
- Santa Maria Resort – On beautiful Manitoulin Island you can enjoy the spacious privacy of the Santa Maria Trailer Resort & Cottages. Choose from 120 different trailer sites on our well kept grounds. Picnic tables and fire pits are provided for your enjoyment. Firewood available upon request. Relax or play games in their inground solar heated Swiming Pool (30″x 60″). Enjoy their mini-putt and tennis courts.
We’d love to hear your Manitoulin experiences! Please feel free to share them in the comments section below!
If you’re visiting Manitoulin Island or planning a trip to Manitoulin Island, you may also be interested in:
- Hiking Trails on Manitoulin
- Places to Stay and Things to do on Manitoulin
- Where to Eat on Manitoulin: Comfort Food Edition