The windows are open and the breeze is fresh and delightful. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. FINALLY, Spring is here. This also means that I go into Spring cleaning mode!
I’d like to say that this is going to be a truly inspiring Spring Cleaning Tips post, but the reality is that this year, with everything that has been going on with our family, I needed a bit of inspiration. Okay, I needed
a good swift kick in the behind A LOT of inspiration. That inspiration came in the form of my amazing sister-in-law who had been coming to our home every weekend over the past few weeks to help me do some Spring Purging Cleaning. No, purging would be a more accurate word.
My sister-in-law means business, so we worked tirelessly starting from one room and working our way around the house. We’re still not 100% finished, but we got a lot accomplished. In fact, she changed the entire look of our living room, Little One’s room, the foyer and what used to be a toy room is now a piano room.
Spring Cleaning Tips
- Work on one room and stick with it until you’re done cleaning it. Don’t hop around from one room to another or try to do too many things at once. Just get it done. My problem is that I usually hop from one corner of the kitchen then go to the living room or my office. I have learned that if you stick to doing one room at a time, you’ll be able to SEE the difference rather than doing little things here and there. This way, you will also avoid doing unfinished jobs.
- Everything has a home…so, put it there! When tidying up, put things directly where they are supposed to go instead of just depositing them elsewhere temporarily. I’ve learned that when I do this, the items are put away neatly instead of just taking up real estate where they shouldn’t be. My sister-in-law would catch me putting things on a table while I was doing something and she would immediately ask me where I was going with that item and if it didn’t belong where I was putting it, then put it where it was supposed to go. It’s so true. If you deposit an item somewhere, it tends to stay there. This really avoids clutter and in the end saves time.
- Dust and sweep before vacuuming and mopping.
- Storage containers and organizers are your friends. I like having containers and organizers that fit inside cupboards or on shelving. I also like clear containers so I can see exactly what’s inside the containers!
- When using containers that are not clear or see-through, I like to label the containers. That way, I know which bins have Winter clothing and which bins have LEGO or Christmas decorations!
When I was introduced to Snapware last year, I quickly became a big fan of their Snapware® Total Solution™ Pyrex® Glass & Plastic Food Storage 16-pc Set. If you’re looking for food storage or if you want to pack a bento lunch, the Snapware items work fabulously for packing lunches!
I have since learned that Snapware also has Home Storage solutions too!
Spring Cleaning for Kids’ Rooms
Spring Cleaning for the Utility Room or the Mudroom
We live on a farm, so we have a mudroom. It’s a small room that has a separate entrance and Hubby, Little One and I can go through there after coming in from the barn or the field and not drag mud or dirt from our farm boots into the house. Everyone else gets to use the front entrance, but we use the mudroom. The mudroom is where I store our animal feed as well. We’ve got cat food, dog food, chicken feed, and rabbit feed in there.
For the utility room, I store laundry items in a Snapware® Smart Store® Home Storage Container. Items like dryer balls, clothes pegs, and other laundry necessities fit nicely in the containers.
Spring Cleaning for the Home Office
I am still in the midst of Spring cleaning my home office. I spent hours going through papers and recycling and discarding any documents, letters, or papers I no longer needed. I think the most challenging task is always getting started. Snapware® Smart Store® containers are great to sort items and keep organized. I have a container that holds stationery and office supplies like take, glue, pens, highlighters, Sharpies, scissors, stapler, and staples. I have another container that I put all items related to my electronics in (USB, thumb drives, power cords, chargers, etc). I have a spot for the containers on a shelf in my office, so they are out of the way.
Who is Snapware®?
Snapware is the modern & innovative brand of everyday storage that delivers easy organization solutions in order to embrace your life in motion. Only Snapware home storage is:
- Innovative with sizes to fit any shelf depth
- Durable with reinforced corners built to last, resist splitting and chipping
- Solution focused by being designed for both storage and organization
- Functional with containers that snap and stack
Snapware home storage is:
- Modern and innovative: designed for today with clean lines, see-through vessels with vibrant and colorful lids.
- Simple and durable: well-designed products are easy to use and built to last.
- Real solutions: designed for everyday activities and optimized for storage and organization.
- A SNAP! The lids snap on with an audible “snap” that tells the user the lid is secure, and containers have a modular stackable design so they stack easily.
- Made in the USA with a lifetime warranty.
- The 12”, 14” and 16” series containers include an easy-carry handle.
Are you also in the midst of Spring cleaning?
Snapware® and I would like to give Life on Manitoulin readers a chance at winning 2 of EACH of Smart Store containers and lids like I used for my Spring cleaning! That’s a total of SIX pieces!
- (2) Smart Store 16”x3” Turquoise
- (2) Smart Store 16”x6” Turquoise
- (2) Smart Store 16”x9” Turquoise
To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below. Giveaway open to residents of Canada and the U.S. Ends May 6th, 2016.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
About World Kitchen/Snapware
About World Kitchen/SnapwareFrom bakeware, dinnerware, kitchen and household tools to range-top cookware, storage and cutlery, World Kitchen, LLC., and its affiliates manufacture and market brands known and trusted around the world. World Kitchen brands include Corningware, Snapware, Pyrex, Baker’s Secret, Chicago Cutlery, Corelle, and more!
Happy Spring Cleaning, everyone!
Disclosure – This is a sponsored post, however, all thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are honest and my own.