With March Break upon us, many parents have been thinking of activities that will keep the kids busy and entertained. My first thought? March Break craft ideas!
We go on day trips, visit Science North, spend lots of time outdoors, and partake in local March Break events. We even spend a little downtime Netflixing. We do a lot of fun things together on March Break. I also get to break out my March Break craft ideas!
March Break Craft Supplies
Here’s a list of a few must-have items in your craft kit! You won’t have any little ones saying they’re bored!
- Modelling Clay
- Scented Markers
- Elmer’s glue
- Pencil crayons
- Construction paper
- Exercise books
- Prang Paint
Another thing to have handy during March Break? Hot Chocolate! Perfect for after the kids come in from playing outside OR for Mom to relax with as the kids do their crafts!
March Break Craft Ideas
Paper Fortune Teller
Remember those paper fortune tellers we used to make when we were kids? My friends and I used to make these and it was always fun telling each other’s “fortunes”.
You will need:
- 1 piece of paper
- markers (or pens or pencil crayons)
- Fold paper into a triangle to form a square. Cut off excess paper so that you end up with a square shape.
- Fold all for corners so that they meet in the middle.
- Flip paper over and fold corners so that they meet in the centre.
- Fold in half so that you have a rectangle. Put fingers in the openings to push the paper fortune teller open. This part sounds more complicated than it actually is. You can open and close the flaps by moving your fingers under the paper folds. I found easier to follow instructions with images here.
- Write names of 4 colours on the outer flaps (ex: red, yellow, blue, green). Write 8 numbers on the inside flaps (ex: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8). Lift the inside flaps and underneath, write 4 fortunes (ex: A big surprise is coming! Tomorrow will be an amazing day! You will make someone happy this week! Monday will be your lucky day!).
When I was a kid, we used to write things like: You’ll have 5 kids when you grow up. You’ll live in Hawaii. You’ll marry Jordan Knight. You’ll be rich. Looking back, that makes me laugh. It was just a fun and silly thing to do.
March Break Journal
Just because there’s no school for a week, I still want Little One to practice her writing. A March Break journal is a great way of documenting all the fun things that happened during the break and it’s a great way for them to look back and reflect on the time they spent with family and friends.
Tissue Paper Stained GlassWith Spring just around the corner, a splash of colour in our crafts helps us get excited for warmer weather and lots of sunshine.
You will need:
- construction paper
- coloured tissue paper
- Take a piece of construction paper and cut out any designs you wish.
- Take a sheet of coloured tissue paper (you can use several colours) and cut to the size you wish. Glue to the back of your construction paper. Let glue dry.
- Hang your creation on window and let the sun shine through! You can use tape to secure to glass window.
Little One LOVES Mr. Sketch Scented Markers. The colours are so vibrant, and they smell good! I remember how much I enjoyed colouring with scented markers when I was a kid. Doing crafts with Little One is like reliving my own childhood!
You will need:
- construction paper
- googly eyes
To make a Rainbow Hand Print Butterfly, Little One just made coloured lines by using big, long strokes with each of the different coloured markers. She traced her hands and cut out her handprints (careful to not cut them separately). She glued the hand print butterfly to construction paper. She then glued googly eyes and pompoms to make the butterfly.
Are you ready for March Break?
March Break is here, but don’t worry about finding fun things to keep the kids busy because Grand & Toy and Life on Manitoulin have got you covered! We’re stocking your craft drawers with lots of goodies from Grand & Toy.
· You can order craft & office supplies and more online at Grandandtoy.com; with quick delivery you’ll be able to stock-up in no time.
· You can shop at Grandandtoy.com for your home office, find organizational solutions, electronics, small kitchen appliances and more – all from the comfort of your own home!
Grand & Toy and Life on Manitoulin are giving away not one, but TWO March Break Craft Kits! Each March Break Craft Kit includes the items mentioned in this post!
To enter, use the Rafflecopter form below. Giveaway open to residents of Canada (excl. Quebec) and ends on Friday, March 18, 2016.
Though the giveaway ends on Friday, March 18th (end of March Break), at least you can get your supplies at Grand & Toy or on their website! If you win one of the two kits, you’ll have craft supplies for any time your kids need a craft day! Whether it be after school, weekends, PD days, rainy days…Grand & Toy has you covered for craft supplies!
a Rafflecopter giveaway