I’ve mentioned a few times that I’m not one for making New Year’s resolutions. I used to make resolutions, but have started making goals instead.
Among these goals are:
- Scale back on (new) work – Maintain work with current and existing clients, but do not accept new accounts for the next few months.
- Learn to say NO! – I am the kind of person who will say yes when asked to volunteer and be part of committees. Though I enjoy volunteer work, my time between my work, family, farm and volunteering leaves very little time to spare. My weeknights and weekends are completely full, which leaves next to no time for me to stop and take a breather.
- Spending time with Hubby – As sad as it may sound, I cannot remember the last time Hubby and I had a date night. Oh, wait. The last time we went out on a date was at a funeral. It was the only time we went out together without Little One. That hardly qualifies as a date! We absolutely NEED to go out and spend time together. We spend time together when we’re working on the farm, but that’s not quite the same as date night.
- Family time – Make a concentrated effort to ensure that we have one day of the week dedicated to spending quality time with the family. Whether it be Friday movie and pizza night or Saturday sledding in the mornings, we need to make sure we spend time as a family.
- Me time! – Something I very rarely do is spend time on myself. I know that in order to take care of others, we first need to take care of ourselves. With Little One, all her activities, the farm, the house, work, volunteering and everything else, it’s so easy to forget to take care of myself. I have a feeling this goal will be easier to achieve. A cup of tea and a bit of Netflix could be just the little bit of rest and relaxation I need.
For all those who do not make New Year’s resolutions, these are some you’ll actually keep!
Plus, hopefully I will finally watch Breaking Bad. I know, I know. How have I not watched Breaking Bad yet? I did watch part of one episode last year, but never really got into it. I promise to finally watch it this year!
Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions? What’s your #NetflixResolution?What do you hope to be #Netflixing this year?
Disclosure: I am a member of the Netflix #StreamTeam. As a member of this program, I will be providing thoughts and recommendations about movies and shows currently showing on Netflix. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are honest and my own.