- More people visit Tim Hortons in a week than Disney World’s Magic Kingdom in a year
- Approximately 15% of Canadians, that’s more than 5.3 million people, visit Tim Hortons daily
- Tim Hortons serves nearly 2 billion cups of coffee each year
- Tim Hortons has served 100 million cups of Dark Roast blend since its launch in August 2014
Today is National Coffee Day!
To celebrate the millions of cups of coffee that will be enjoyed on National Coffee Day, Tim Hortons asked Canadians how they most often connect with others over coffee.
The majority of people prefer to keep it personal: the top three reasons for getting together for coffee are:
- Catching up with an old friend (57%)
- Spending quality time with a partner or spouse (50%)
- Gossiping with a good friend (38%)
Some other interesting findings:
- Canadian millenials in particular, aged 18 to 34, also say coffee dates hit the mark when it comes to career and work, with almost one-third saying that networking and talking through work issues with a colleague are reasons to meet for coffee
- 29% of Canadians aged 18 to 34 like to meet for coffee on first dates
- Men more than women choose to career network (21% vs. 15%), and talk about work issues over coffee (26% vs 20%)
Did You Know?
• The coffee bean comes from a fruit tree
• The coffee bean is actually the pit of a coffee cherry
• More than 70 countries grow coffee
• Espresso coffee has less caffeine than regular coffee
• There are zero calories in a black coffee
Some fun for Tim Hortons fans!
Tim Hortons is Surprising Fans on Social Media for National Coffee Day
Today, Tim Hortons is thanking guests on social media in honour of National Coffee Day. Tim Hortons is asking fans to share their favourite coffee moments onTwitter @TimHortons and @TimHortonsUS using #TimsCoffeeDay, for a chance to win Tim Cards every 20 minutes from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST.
The prize pack includes:
• 1 x $25 Tim Card
• Original Blend Coffee
• 1 x Tim Hortons Travel Mug
To qualify for the contest, you must comment on this post, what other Tim Hortons menu item you have to accompany your coffee. It’s that simple.
There are a few more options for bonus entries as well.
A name will be drawn via Rafflecopter on October 16th.
Enter by simply using the Rafflecopter form below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
On September 29th, Tim Hortons will be randomly giving away $10 Tim Cards every 20 minutes on Twitter. All you have to do is follow @TimHortons and share your “National Coffee Day” coffee moments using the hashtag#TimsCoffeeDay.
Disclaimer: I am a Tim Hortons #Timfluencer. Though I am affiliated with the brand, all thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are honest and my own.