The end of school is here and thus begins our Summer vacation! We’re kicking things off with our Canada Day celebrations.
Earlier this month, we talked about how to celebrate Canada Day with Giant Tiger.
Giant Tiger has everything to help your family celebrate Canada Day. If you love entertaining and celebrating outdoors with a big BBQ get together, get to Giant Tiger today for all your party and celebration needs!
One of Little One’s favourite items is the watermelon slicer. It’s just like an apple slicer, but only watermelon-sized! It makes cutting uniform slices of watermelon really easy.
Giant Tiger has everything from festive Canada Day-themed outdoor citronella candles to outdoor dining items like pitchers, beverage containers, cups, mugs, paper lanterns, table cloths, and even Canada Day apparel!
Some of you may not know this, but Giant Tiger also has food items available. They’ve got everything from snack type foods to fruits and vegetables. You can pick up your food items for entertaining this weekend and make sure not to forget to pick up fireworks for Canada Day too!
Our Favourite Burger Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef (you can use ground chicken, turkey, or a combination of ground meat if you wish)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 c onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c oats
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until combined well.
- From the mixture, form 6 equal portions. With hamburger patty maker set, press into burger maker and push the handle to produce a thick, perfectly round burger.
- Preheat a grill to high. Season the patties with salt and pepper. Grill, undisturbed, until marked on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and grill until the other side is marked and the patties feel firm, 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Serve on soft buns (we like sesame buns) and top with whatever toppings you desire. We love adding arugula, avocado, tomato, red onion and roasted red pepper hummus. Sometimes we even stuff our burgers with cheese!
Of course, no Summer celebration is complete without a bonfire or campfire! You can get your marshmallows and s’mores ingredients at Giant Tiger.
Have fun! Have a Happy Canada Day, everyone!