Every Spring I have the need to Spring clean, purge and freshen up my decor. When the house is all Spring-ready, everything just feels fresh!
To be honest, my Spring cleaning has been a bit delayed. Who am I kidding? This is the first year that I haven’t had time to do a big clean up and purge our home and our lives of all the things we do not need anymore. It isn’t for lack of desire, but more due to lack of time. I seriously need to have a yard sale. I told my husband and daughter that as soon as everything is cleaned up, we are going to be living a Zen lifestyle. I’m talking total minimalist! “Things” strewn all over the house just stress me out.
I wanted to do something to freshen up our front entrance and thought that perhaps having some art would make things lighter and more inviting. The paint we had in the foyer was a lovely heather grey. Last Spring, I decided to be bold (which I never am) and added a burst of colour. I’m normally a “keep it neutral” girl, but for some reason, was inspired to add a bit of character.
This year, it was about adding to the front foyer. A former Japanese student of mine (and now very dear friend) painted some works of art for me. Little One thought we needed a photo of her in the foyer as well.
Turquoise, aquamarine, cerulean and shades in that family are my favourites. This said, I’m now rethinking that burst of colour. Should I go to something neutral again? I know Hubby is going to think I’m bonkers because every time he comes home, walls are painted an new shade or the furniture is moved around. It often takes him a few weeks to orient himself when all the furniture has been moved!
I do love the photo art from Posterjack.ca! I order my photo art from them and am always 100% pleased with the products. Getting set up is easy and can be done in three simple steps!
The Posterjack.ca product I selected was the Gallery Box in silver. It’s both simple and stunning. I have a few photographs of some of the Spring flowers on our farm that I may want to make into photo art using the Gallery Box. Spring is also a great time to get out and photograph all the Spring flowers, new life (we’ve seen so many adorable fawns, fox kits, goslings, chicks, and calves).
Since it’s Spring, Posterjack has come up with 6 ways to Spring clean your photo collection and freshen up your decor with photo art:
1. Embrace spring photography – get outside and explore the world of macro/micro photography to capture bugs and buds in bloom. Embrace nature photography and witness wildlife waking from their hibernation.
2. Keep the kids creative and engaged during April showers with a photo shoot – when you have but no choice but to stay indoors, spend the afternoon goofing around with props for a fun photoshoot.
3. Liven up your decor by adding some dramatic colour to your photos – pump up your photos by playing with Posterjack’s image customization features including everything from coloured borders to photo effects.
4. Spring clean your hard drive and sort your old digital photos – spend an afternoon with a friend or family member sorting through your photos and sort them into categories for future viewing.
5. Join the 12 Prints Project to recharge your interest in photography and keep you on track to print a photo every month.
6. Celebrate with family and give your mom, dad, grandparents or any loved one a special memory captured forever as a piece of custom photo art. With Father’s Day just around the corner, perfect timing!
To view the products and photo art options available at Posterjack, visit the Posterjack.ca website. Connect with them on Twitter and Facebook as well!
Leave a Reply