I know that parenting is not easy and we’re constantly learning how to parent the best we can. After an extremely busy work week and after the time change last weekend, the energy in this house has been a bit “off”. Little One has been extremely tired and emotional. She’s happy and laughing one minute and then frustrated and in tears the next. The new puppy is amazing, but is now in the chewing and nipping stage. We’re correcting that early so it doesn’t become a habit. Little One cries when Cupcake takes her things and chews on them. I remind her that she has to stop leaving her toys, books and clothes on the floor because the puppy will play with them if they’re left there.
Mornings are a zoo over here. No matter how early Little One gets up, getting ready for school is always a challenge. This week, things ended up in tears and frustration (two days in a row). The problem is that Little One waits until the last minute to get things done. It was just minutes before the bus arrived and she couldn’t find her special hat that she wanted to wear (Grampy’s hat). She misplaced one of her favourite mittens. She didn’t remember where she put her agenda.
Who am I kidding? This week has been all kinds of crazy.
One thing I’ve learned is that I need to step back and remember to be thankful.
Even Especially on the craziest days.
5 things I’m thankful for
- I’m thankful for my daughter. Though she drives me absolutely bonkers at times, she is THE most important thing in my life.
- I’m thankful that after moments of chaos, the storm does pass.
- I’m thankful for random hugs and kisses from Little One
- I’m thankful for my work and being able to do what I love.
- I’m thankful for a husband who is kind and patient. I know I must drive him absolutely bonkers at times because I’m constantly on Little One and him about helping out with keeping the house clean or picking up after themselves.
I started this challenge last week to take a moment every day and think of what I am thankful for. I’ve found that it’s the little things that I’m most thankful for.
If you want to join in and share what you’re thankful for, every Thursday I’ll be posting a Thankful Thursday post. You can share your link below.