Remember that project I started two (maybe three) weeks ago? With all the negativity in the world, I thought it was important for people to take the time to remember things to be thankful for. Every Thursday I will be posting five things I’m thankful for and I would love it if you’d join me in sharing five things that you’re thankful for as well.
- With this being March Break, I’m thankful for time spent with my Little One. I’ve had to work, but I’ve also made sure I have lots of time to spend with my six year old.
- I’m thankful for community. The community where Little One’s school is in hosts lots of great activities for kids. For March Break, they have put together a program that includes little workshops for kids (make your own cards, learn to knit, decorate cookies, make a bat house, grown your own food, and more).
The community also has snowshoeing and free skating nights during the break. I love being part of a small community. It’s really interesting to see that everyone knows everyone’s kids. It really does take a village to raise a child. 🙂
- I’m thankful for family. I know life is busy and we get bogged down with farm and work, but family is the most important thing. Hubby and I were discussing how we NEED to make sure to visit with family more often. We live minutes from the grandparents, so we need to see everyone more often. I know after a long day of work, one just wants to have dinner, relax and stay in for the evening. We really do need to spend more time with loved ones.
- Thankful for good friends.
- This one sounds silly, but I’m thankful that our puppy is such a fast learner! White Paw Robin (aka: Cupcake) is such a sweet puppy and so smart! We’ve had her for just over three weeks and she has learned so much. She knows how to come, sit, stay, get, and drop, but when she’s excited, sometimes all the things she learned go out the window. She’s also house-trained. There are the occasional accidents, but she’s been great at letting us know when she needs to go outside. She’s 2 1/2 months old and likes to chew things. She’s getting better with some reminders. Thankful for a smart puppy and thankful that our old boy, Chance has been super patient with the new pup.
I need to add one more thing I’m thankful for! I’m thankful for being able to see the Northern Lights where we live! I’m always speechless and in awe when I’m able to witness such beauty. Local photographer, Peter Baumgarten photographed the Northern Lights the other night. So beautiful. Where we are on the Island, we didn’t see the bright greens. We saw stunning shades of light blues.
What are you thankful for today?
You can leave your link if you care to share things that you’re thankful for. I’ll make sure to hop on over and comment.