I have a date night confession.
I confess that date night is non-existent in this house. Oh, I know. Couples need date night to keep things fresh, nourish their relationship, and just spend time together. To be honest, the last date night Hubby and I had was a funeral. I know that doesn’t count as a date night, but that was the last time we went out together without our daughter.
Our daughter is six years old!
It’s not for lack of trying. Date night has been a challenge to organize. Life on the farm is a little bit crazy. Okay…it’s a zoo! Hubby is out of the house early in the morning because he drives special needs students to and from school. Then he comes home and works on the farm. He heads back out on his bus run and then back home to farm again. Oftentimes, it’s just Little One and myself for dinner, as Hubby needs to maximize hours on the farm. We don’t see him until it’s almost time for Little One to go to bed. In the Summer we sometimes don’t see Hubby until after dark unless we’re out there working on the farm with him.
It’s not just Hubby whose schedule does not permit for date night. I have to admit I am a bit of a workaholic. I’m away at meetings during the week and I travel off-Island when clients need me. Then there are social media events as well. It also doesn’t help that Hubby and I are both on several committees and involved in our community. We’ve both dropped a few committees to make more time for the family, but we still seem to be incredibly busy.
There’s no time like the present
With loved ones passing away and people close to us getting ill, I’ve decided that we need to spend more time with those we love. This also means making time for date night.
Date Night Beauty Tips
- Highlight what makes YOU feel beautiful! I have some friends who are big into make-up. I have some friends who are not into make-up at all. Though I do not think a woman needs to wear make-up to feel pretty, I do think that if wearing a bit of mascara or lip gloss makes you feel good, then do it. I don’t wear too much make-up, but I do wear eye make-up and lip gloss/lipstick. My eyes are so tiny that I like to accentuate them to make them look bigger and more open. As for highlighting what makes me feel good? The one thing I do like are my lips. Going out with a pretty shade of lip gloss or lipstick makes me happy. I do this for myself, but when Hubby comments, all the better! 🙂
- SMILE! Smiling is good for the soul. Smiling is also attractive (well, if you do it in a non-creepy way)! A smile can also change the mood of a situation. Think about it. When you’re greeted by a scowling, miserable look, does that seem inviting? When you’re greeted by someone’s smiling, happy face, does that make you feel welcomed and at ease? It’s a positive feeling when you’re on the receiving end of a smile! Know what else helps? Adding a little sparkle to your smile!
- A great hairdo can make a gal feel like a million bucks! I don’t know about you, but when I step out of the hair salon and get a really great cut and style, I feel ahhhh-mazing. I don’t normally pay much mind to the outside – it’s something I’ve been trying to teach Little One. Real beauty is how you treat others and what you do from your heart. This said, taking care of your “outside” is also important. When I get a haircut I like, I feel really good. A good cut and style can make all the difference in the way you feel. Maintaining the look is a bit harder for me. I leave the salon feeling fab and when I get home, it’s a different story! I can never get my hair to look the way my stylist does! When I had longer hair, Pantene Pro-V Full & Strong was my go-to shampoo. I have thin hair, so Pantene Pro-V Full & Strong made it look fuller.
- Dress to impress! I actually mean dress to impress yourself! We all know that beauty comes from the inside, but I’d be lying if I said that I don’t feel my best when I look my best. When I’ve got an outfit that makes me feel like I look great in it, I feel good about the way I look! I’m not saying to be vain, but if something makes you feel good about yourself, then why not? A cute pair of shoes or a flattering dress can really do the trick.
Some Tips from the Pros
Stylist Tip: Pantene Consulting Stylist, Justin German, recommends using the whole collection in order to maintain the full-haired look every day. When using the PowerFull Body Booster Spray, he suggests separating your hair to apply at the root, pulling the product through the ends. Follow these directions and you will look like you’ve just stepped out of the salon in time for date night!
Before you step out the door, be sure to apply the new COVEGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick. With 36 shades to choose from, you will be sure to find your perfect match! With its Shea, Avocado and Aloe butter enriched formula, your lips will feel gorgeous and smooth.
Pro Tip: COVERGIRL Makeup Pro, Veronica Chu suggests creating a defined lip shape by using the pointed tip of the lipstick in an “X” motion at the Cupid’s bow for enhanced precision. After this, fill in the rest of your lip with your Colorlicious shade for a bold pout!
I want you to challenge YOU to create your own date night look for a chance to win a Pantene Full & Strong, COVERGIRL Colourlicious and Crest 3D White prize pack. Fill out the Rafflecopter form below. Leave me a comment below telling me about YOUR date night look!
The prize pack is valued at $72* and consists of:
- Pantene Pro-V Full & Strong Shampoo – $5.99
- Pantene Pro-V Full & Strong Conditioner – $5.99
- Pantene Pro-V PowerFULL Body Booster Spray – $7.99
- Pantene Pro-V Power Up Daily Treatment – $ 7.99
- COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick (Enchantress) – $10.99
- COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick (Tantalize) – $10.99
- COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick (Succulent Cherry) – $10.99
- COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick (Caramel Kiss) – $10.99
- Crest 3D White Whitstrips Luxe Supreme FlexFit – Sample Size
*Pricing at the discretion of the retailer.
Giveaway open to residents of Canada, excl. Quebec. Ends midnight on March, 3, 2015. Winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter.
Disclosure: I am a P&Gmom/mamanP&G. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events and opportunities. The opinions on this blog are my own.