I’m all set for the holidays! I have the menu set and all the presents bought and wrapped (for the nieces and nephews, siblings, parents and in-laws). Little One and I made some beautiful DIY gifts too! This is the first year I’ve gotten everything done early. I even had time to pick up a birthday/Christmas present for myself! My birthday is in a few days and this has been on my list for a while now.
Want to guess what the first thing I made in my Vitmamix was?
Oh, I know it’s WINTER and it’s cold out, but hey…it’s Orange Sorbet! The Christmas holidays are always filled with rich food, so I thought having something light and refreshing would be a great way to end a meal. I wanted to do a few trial runs before the holidays. I cannot believe I made sorbet in just minutes!
There’s actually a story behind all the citrus fruit in this photo. No, we don’t always have this much citrus fruit in our house. Our niece had a high school fundraiser and we love her so much and wanted to support her, so we bought grapefruit, navel oranges, mandarin oranges…and a lot of them!
Trying to think of what to do with all these oranges (other than eat them), orange sorbet popped into my mind right away.
The Orange Sorbet recipe that came in the book accompanying the Vitmamix S200 Professional Series Blender was so easy and so fabulous! The test batch turned out so well, I made a second batch that same night. This time, I changed it slightly. You probably don’t need to add the Wild Orange essential oils, but I LOVE the extra boost of citrus flavour. I’ll be using doTERRA lemon essential oil along with lemons in my lemon sorbet. Again, it’s that extra hit of citrus that I love.
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and quartered
- 1-2 drops Wild Orange essential oil (doTERRA)
- 2 tsp sugar, Pure Via, or any other natural sweetener of your choice
- 4 cups ice
- Add all ingredients into Vitmamix container (add them in the order listed)
- Set dial to variable 1. Turn on Vitamix. Slowly increase to variable 10 and then to high.
- When sound of motor changes (in 30 to 60 seconds), stop Vitamix.
- Scoop out orange sorbet into bowls or ice cream dishes. Garnish with mint leaves or fresh raspberries (or just serve as is!), and serve/eat immediately.
* Make sure not to over-mix sorbet, otherwise it will melt.
I know I have only had my Vitamix for two days, but I absolutely love it! Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to me!
Another reason I love my Vitamix? Self-cleaning! Yes! Just add warm water and a drop of dish soap and your Vitamix self-cleans in 30 seconds! Now, if only my kitchen did that!
I got my Vitamix S200 Professional Series Blender at Target Canada for $519 (plus tax). I have to mention that if you are shopping at Target, make sure to use your REDcard! I got my Vitamix and finished up all my Christmas shopping at Target and saved a lot of money with my REDcard! It just seems smart to save 5% from purchases if you’re already purchasing items at Target anyway.
Target® Debit Card
- save 5% every day on our already low prices at Target stores** in Canada
- pre-authorized debits from your existing personal chequing account
- secured PIN access
- withdraw up to $60 cash per transaction
In Facebook conversations with friends, I discovered that the Vitamix is one of the most sought after gifts. Pssst! Use your REDcard and save 5%!
Anyway, I think I’m all set to spend time with my family! Nothing beats being with my parents, brothers, brother’s family, Hubby, Little One and all our other extended family and sharing good food and fun times.
Now that I’ve got Orange Sorbet covered, I think I’m going to try my hand at making soup with my Vitamix now!
Disclosure: I am part of the Target #SeasonsTweetings influencer program run by The Influential Network. I am compensated for this post but opinions are always my own!