One of my favourite things to do is to cook and bake for loved ones. Though I’m not too big on sweets, I do love the feeling I get from friends and family when they share a home-cooked meal at our farm and dessert time comes rolling around. Hubby loves it too because we normally don’t have dessert! I only reserve dessert for special occasions or a treat every now and then.
When my friend told me that she absolutely loves Tiramisu, I decided to make it for her birthday. Because of its richness and decadence, I don’t make it too often. I save it for special days…like birthdays!
Rich, Creamy (Easy & Fast) Tiramisu
Rich, creamy, decadent dessert that is perfect for any special occasion or treat night!
Author: Christine McNaughton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 500 g Mascarpone cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 oz rum
- 1 tsp. vanilla (I use my homemade vanilla)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup Espresso (if you don't have espresso, a good dark roast coffee will do!)
- 1 package of Lady Fingers (Savoiardi biscuits)
- ½ tsp. cocoa
- chocolate embellishments (to garnish)
- In a food processor, combine Mascarpone cheese, egg, rum, vanilla, and sugar until smooth. Arrange Lady Fingers in a single layer in the bottom of a 9×13 pan or casserole dish. A trifle dish is great too so you can see the layers of Tiramisu.
- Drizzle half of the Espresso over the Lady Finger biscuits and then spoon half the cheese mixture over coffee-drenched Lady Fingers.
- Repeat with second layer. If you're using a trifle bowl, repeat layering steps a few times.
- Dust top with cocoa. Refrigerate for overnight. If you allow to refrigerate for 24 hrs, the flavours are so much more pronounced. Garnish with chocolate embellishment.
Prep time is less than 10 minutes and there is no cook time. You do have to refrigerate overnight or for 24 hours.
Enjoy! This really is a fast and easy Tiramisu recipe!
Victoria Ess says
I had no idea how to make tiramisu! This sounds like a simple enough recipe for me to try. Thank you!
Rick F says
Isn’t tiramisu wonderful?
suzie m says
I love Tiramisu but have been afraid to try it, you make it look easy
Wow looks amazing, defiantly will be trying this recipe out 🙂 Thank you
Jodi Mitrovic says
I’ve never made this before but have eaten it plenty! My Mother In-Law makes the best! Tiramisu always hits the spot!
This is a fabulous recipe. Made it for company tonight.
Darlene Schuller says
Bless your cotton socks, I love Tiramisu!! I’ve never made it personally, but I ordered it everytime we went to Olive Garden in the USA.. best Tiramisu I’ve ever tasted there!
I’m gonna be brave and try this recipe lol thanks gorgeous <3
Ahh! Darlene!! Let me know what you think of this Tiramisu recipe!
Anne Taylor says
I haven’t had Tiramisu for years but I think its time to have it again very soon! I’m gong to have my grandkids help me make this for our Sunday dinner! Well, not for dinner, but for afterward lol
Haha! Oh, Anne! I’d gladly have it for dinner! 😉
Yum! I’ve heard of Tiramisu but never really knew what was in it. Sounds & looks good
Jason, it’s one of my all-time favourites! LOVE Tiramisu! The first time I had it was when I was in grade 1. My aunt made it. So delicious! She also makes amazing cheesecakes and Mille feuille!
Judy Cowan says
I love Tiramisu but have never made it, this recipe makes it sound easy so I might just have to make it for a treat at some point!
Judy, this recipe may very well be a blessing or a curse. Not sure which yet. It’s insanely easy…which can be both good and bad! 😉 You won’t know whether to love me or hate me for sharing this recipe with you!