With this being harvest season on the farm, I’ve been spending hours in the garden and in the kitchen! In fact, I’m starting to feel like Mr. Fredricksen from the Disney movie, Up! when he gets out of bed and stretches his back. Being hunched over in the garden for hours sure does a number on my back. I must be getting old!
With all the zucchini we get every year, I have a bunch of recipes that call for zukes!
- Garden Harvest Spaghetti Sauce
- Zucchini Fritters
- Zucchini Marmalade
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- Grilled Beef and Veggie Sandwich
- Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti
One of our favourite zucchini recipe is Savoury Zucchini Bake!
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded or cut into ⅓ inch quarters
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Salt/Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Grease baking pan
- Chop or grate zucchini (whichever you prefer)
- Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder
- Beat 4 eggs, then add the following: Oil, milk, Grated Cheese, Zucchini, Oregano, Onion and garlic, Salt and Pepper
- Mix well
- Place mixture into pan
- Bake until golden brown (about 45-60 minutes)
You can use cooked bacon in this recipe if you wish. This Savoury Zucchini Bake is great as a side dish. I actually like a slice of this with a salad on the side though.