The art of keeping your kids’ stuff together.
After about ten weeks of Summer vacation, you’ve gotten your kids back into back-to-school bedtime mode (yeah, right!) and have survived back-to-school shopping. You’re all set for another school year!
Now that it’s back-to-school time, and you’ve gotten every single item off your kids’ school supplies list, how do you keep everything together? In the weeks to come, there may be missing shoes, a favourite hoodie in the lost and found pile at school, misplaced pencil crayons, or perhaps a lost food container or two.
I cannot tell you how many near mishaps we’ve had with Little One misplacing things. Our five year old is notorious for “forgetting” where she puts things. There was the incident of the missing favourite sweater and then misplacing one of her favourite fuzzy mittens.
Fortunately, this Mama is labeling obsessed and I labeled all of Little One’s belongings. We managed to retrieve all of the “missing” items.
Does any of this sound familiar? Are your kids masters of the fine art of losing things?
Here are some tips on keeping your kids’ stuff together:
- When you purchase your children’s school supplies, make sure to lay them all out when you get home so your kids can see all the items that belong to them.
- Label your children’s personal items. When personal items are labeled with your children’s names on them, the likelihood of the items returning to them is far better if they were not labeled at all.
- Lay out all items that will be going to school with your child (pencil case, school bag, lunchbox, lunch containers, re-usable water bottles, indoor and outdoor shoes, jackets, etc).
- Get your kids to help out with the labeling process.
- Iron-on personalized tags are great for labeling clothing and outer-wear. Mabel’s Labels is the leading provider of personalized labels and are perfect for shoes, clothes, school supplies, etc.
For parents with kids in school and/or in daycare, how do you best keep your children’s personal items from getting lost? For some helpful tips on keeping your kids’ items organized, check out Together Families’ article on keeping organized.
Speaking of Together Families, have you checked out their tips on how to keep your kids’ stuff together at home? They’ve also got a great giveaway running right now! Head on over and enter to win!
PRIZES: 1 of 10 sets of Mabel’s Labels and 1 Daycare Centre Prize Pack of Mabel’s Labels! You know you want to keep your kids’ stuff together!
Mabel’s Labels is the leading provider of personalized labels for the stuff kids lose. Our award-winning, durable labels are perfect for clothes, shoes, lunch gear, school supplies, classroom organization and much more. They’re laundry, dishwasher and microwave safe – and 100% guaranteed. Our easy online fundraising program is a perfect sugar-free alternative to traditional fundraising and a great way to raise funds for your centre and help families at the same time.
Disclosure – This is a sponsored post for Together Families. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed on this blog are honest and my own.
Victoria Ess says
I love Mabel’s Labels! I use them for everything!
Angela Mitchell says
I label EVERTHING my daughter takes to school. What surprised me last year was the number of things that my daughter lost that were never found or returned despite her name being on everything. Still, I’m sure labeling helps a lot despite our bad luck last year.
I label ALL my kids’ belongings. One of our daughters lost her favourite water bottle one year. She was so sad.
heidi c. says
What a cutie! Love all the labelled gear…So organized!
Heidi, I’m a bit “mabeling” obsessed! 🙂