With Summer potlucks in full swing, it’s time to get all those fuss-free, delicious, crowd-pleasing potluck dishes together! One of our favourite things to eat is quinoa. Quinoa is so versatile and I’ve got a bunch of quinoa salad recipes. It’s always hard to pick which one to make because I love them all!
The thing I love about quinoa is its versatility and how simple and quick it is to cook! 15 minutes and BAM! You’re done!
My 5 year old loves this Refreshing Quinoa Salad with black olives:
- 1 box President's Choice Organics Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper. diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- black pepper to taste
- chives, chopped (to garnish)
- In a small pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in quinoa, cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a prep bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and black pepper and mix or whisk. OR you can also add these ingredients in a mason jar, seal lid and shake.
- Once quinoa is cooked, fluff with fork. In a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, chopped vegetables and olives. Add balsamic 'dressing', mix, making sure to evenly distribute dressing. Garnish with chopped chives.
If you give this quinoa salad a try, let me know what you think!
I remember hosting a potluck at our farm last year and to our surprise, there were FIVE quinoa salad contributions to the potluck! We weren’t expecting others to bring a quinoa salad! The funny thing was that each quinoa salad was completely different. Such a great (and delicious) variety! One of my favourites is a quinoa salad with olive oil, cumin, dried cranberries, and toasted almond slivers.
Stephanie LaPlante says
Looks yummy. I’ve just started trying quinoa and really like it.
Quinoa salad is a fave in this house. So versatile!
heidi c. says
I love quinoa! This salad sounds so delicious – I am definitely going to make it for the next potluck!
Yay! Heidi, let me know what you think if you make it! 🙂
That looks really good. We like couscous salads or orzo salads. right now we’re on a big taco salad or caesar salad kick. I have never made a quinoa salad before, so I’m adding this to my list of recipes to try. Thank you for sharing!
Love couscous and orzo too! Quinoa is almost as easy to make as couscous! Love the “boil water, lower heat, add [couscous or quinoa], cover…presto!” kind of cooking!
This looks so refreshing. We love quinoa and black olives too!
Thank you! Two of my favourites for sure!