With Summer potlucks in full swing, it’s time to get all those fuss-free, delicious, crowd-pleasing potluck dishes together! One of our favourite things to eat is quinoa. Quinoa is so versatile and I’ve got a bunch of quinoa salad recipes. It’s always hard to pick which one to make because I love them all!
The thing I love about quinoa is its versatility and how simple and quick it is to cook! 15 minutes and BAM! You’re done!
My 5 year old loves this Refreshing Quinoa Salad with black olives:
- 1 box President's Choice Organics Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper. diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- black pepper to taste
- chives, chopped (to garnish)
- In a small pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in quinoa, cover, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a prep bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and black pepper and mix or whisk. OR you can also add these ingredients in a mason jar, seal lid and shake.
- Once quinoa is cooked, fluff with fork. In a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, chopped vegetables and olives. Add balsamic 'dressing', mix, making sure to evenly distribute dressing. Garnish with chopped chives.
If you give this quinoa salad a try, let me know what you think!
I remember hosting a potluck at our farm last year and to our surprise, there were FIVE quinoa salad contributions to the potluck! We weren’t expecting others to bring a quinoa salad! The funny thing was that each quinoa salad was completely different. Such a great (and delicious) variety! One of my favourites is a quinoa salad with olive oil, cumin, dried cranberries, and toasted almond slivers.