March Break is upon us! What are your plans? Are you staycationing or headed somewhere WARM? Lounging on the beach somewhere tropical sounds blissful right now!
It comes to no surprise that many Canadians are getting ready to head out on their March Break getaways. Did you know that 1 in 4 Canadians plan to escape winter by vacationing down south? Lucky for us, TELUS knows how important it is to stay connected with family back home while traveling. TELUS has a great post on their top 10 tips for travelling smart with your smartphone! Check it out here and learn more about TELUS’ enhanced travel passes to US, Mexico, the Caribbean and Cuba!
How handy is that?! I’m not sure about you, but traveling with my smartphone, I make sure to call TELUS and check out what I can ensure I keep my fees down when overseas! I went to the Philippines the other year and TELUS was super helpful in assisting me with making sure I had the best package possible.
Some top tips for traveling with your smartphone:
1. Don’t forget your phone charger: Take two just in case and double check if you need an outlet converter if you’re traveling overseas.
2. Load up on travel apps: There’s nothing like a great travel app to help you get around your destination, find local restaurant reviews and more. Try Google Maps, AroundMe and Yelp.
3. Tap into WiFi: Most hotels offer free WiFi and it’s a great way to save on data roaming costs.
4. Buy a travel pass before you leave: TELUS travel passes provide a savings of 50 to 90 per cent off regular pay-per-use rates, including US, Mexico, Caribbean and Cuba travel passes.
5. Track your roaming data usage: Travel Tracker is a convenient web portal accessible via the smartphone’s web browser to help TELUS customers manage their data usage and costs in real-time while travelling. Visit t.telusroam.com on any TELUS 4G device while outside Canada.
As a loyal TELUS customer since 2000, I can tell you that they’ve helped me countless times when traveling across the border with my cell phone. My most recent experience was last month when I was in Detroit for #FordNAIAS. I felt secure in knowing that TELUS was watching out for me and I wouldn’t be faced with an outrageous bill when I returned from the U.S.!
For more information on TELUS’ travel passes, Travel Tracker, device unlocking, device protection plans and other handy tips included in our Top 10 list, visit www.telus.com/travel.
Disclosure – This is not a sponsored post. This is just me sharing information I think is valuable and worth sharing with everyone.