Ever since I was a kid, I remember using Gay Lea Butter. We used it on our toast, we used it to sautee vegetables, we used it for baking, and we used it to make mac and cheese! As a Mom who loves to cook and bake for my family, I’m extremely excited to announce that I’m a Gay Lea Ambassador! This year, I’ll be working with Gay Lea and Mom Central to bring you news and info, as well as some scrumptious blog posts! If you follow me on Instagram and Pinterest, you’ll quickly discover how much I love posting food pics and creating all kinds of kitchen concoctions! This is going to be a fun year!
I was trying to think of a great recipe to make with Gay Lea’s Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadables.
I love the combination of Cinnamon and Brown Sugar. They’re the perfect pair! I considered making something with apples, since we have a lot of apples from our farm. Then I was reminded of my time in Bali (many moons ago). I had Bannana Jaffles almost every morning when I was in Bali. Jaffles and fresh fruit for breakfast, overlooking the stunning vista of lush flora. Absolute perfection.
The thought occurred to me that the combo of cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, and banana would be delicious. Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Banana Jaffles it was then!
What is a jaffle? Basically, it’s two pieces of bread with your desired filling, and toasted in a jaffle iron. A jaffle iron is like a sandwich maker that seals the “pockets” of your sandwich filled with yummy goodness. My first jaffle experience was in Bali, but since then, I have added different fillings like cheese, avocado and tomato. Mmmm!
Since starting this post, my jaffle iron died. *sad panda* No jaffles for us until we get a new jaffle iron! I will still give you the recipe though!
Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Banana Jaffles
Serves our family of 3 (adjust for the number of people in your family)
- 6 slices of bread (I used cracked wheat)
- Gay Lea Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadables Butter
- 1 banana (sliced in rounds, thickness you prefer)
- butter to put on the outside of your bread slices so it doesn’t get too crunchy in the jaffle iron)
- Butter outside of each slice of toast so it doesn’t dry up too much in the jaffle iron. You want a lovely golden outside, but not too crunchy or dry.
- Spread some Gay Lean Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadables on 3 of the 6 slices of bread.
- Arrange banana slices on those 3 slices of bread that are buttered.
- Place remaining 3 slices to form a sandwich.
- Place the 3 ‘sandwiches’ into the jaffle iron. Ours has 4 spots (it can make 4 jaffles at a time)
- Close lid and after about 3 min, the jaffles are ready to take out! Cooking time depends on your jaffle maker.
Since I hate posting recipes without images (and I have no images of the jaffles since the jaffle iron died!), I’m giving you an extra recipe today.
- 3 slices of bread (I used Cracked Wheat)
- 1 banana, cut into slices/rounds 0.4 in thick (1cm thickness)
- 2 tsp Gay Lea Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadables
- 9 raisins
- fruit to garnish if desired (I use whatever we have around: peach slices, berries, etc)
- Toast your slices of bread.
- Spread Gay Lea Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadables on hot toast, making sure to cover entire surface.
- On each slice of toast, add 2 slices of banana to make ears and 1 slice of banana to make snout.
- On each slice of toast, add 2 raisins to make eyes and 1 raisin on the snout to make nose.
- Garnish plate with brightly-coloured fruit!
Admittedly, this is a ridiculously easy breakfast, snack or treat recipe. It’s just something fun we do with our Little One on weekends sometimes. It’s Bear-y cute and Bear-y delicious!
Sorry! Couldn’t help myself. Just trying to be punny!
Gay Lea Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadables GIVEAWAY!
To redeem myself, since that was a horrible attempt at being funny (I’m horrible at telling jokes and being funny), here’s a GIVEAWAY for you!
To enter, simply fill out the Rafflecopter form below. Open to residents of Canada (except for Quebec). Ends October 25th at 12:00AM EST.
Readers may enter across many #GayLeaFoods ambassadors’ blogs, but may only win on a single blog. Entrants must be a resident of Canada, however those in Quebec are unfortunately unable to enter the giveaway. Winner can expect their free Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Spreadables Butter (for a year!) in about 4-6 weeks after the closing date.
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Blogger Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.