I have two really good girlfriends that I wish I had more time with. We all live on the Island, except on opposite ends. Getting together takes planning in advance. I miss these lovely ladies and really do wish we could see each other more often. Crazy how we all live on the Island, yet due to life, kids, work, and the every day things that keep us busy, we only see each other a few times a year.
This is why we came up with our Key Lime Pie dates. We love our key lime get-togethers! It’s a great chance for us to catch up, chat, enjoy each other’s company, and enjoy a great lunch. We always end our visit with a slice of key lime pie.
I made something a little bit different for our lunch date today.
Key Lime Parfaits
- In a bowl, mix together condensed milk, lime juice OR limeade (I use the limeade because I like the extra bit of punch), and grated lime zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix Graham Cracker Crumbs, sugar and butter. I use room temperature butter. No need to melt the butter. It mixes nicely at room temp.
- Scoop 2 tbps of crumb mixture into parfait cups and press firmly to form the base/crust.
- Add 2 tbsp of key lime mixture.
- Add a layer of whipped cream.
- If you wish, you can add another layer of crumbs, key lime mixture, whipped cream, or keep it sweet and simple.
- To garnish, I just added a sprinkle of Graham Cracker crumbs and a slice of lime.
- Chill for 2 hrs+. I chill mine in the refrigerator overnight to make sure everything is solidified. The first time I made this, I was so impatient and we wanted to dig in. The result was more like a key lime soup! Note to self: Make sure you chill the key lime dessert long enough!