Canada celebrates its 145th birthday today. All over the nation, people are celebrating. Whether it be by heading to the nation’s capital to join in on all the festivities Ottawa has going on or just hanging out at the cottage by the lake, or having a BBQ with friends and family, there’s no doubt that your weekend is all about having a great time with your loved ones.
For us, since Hubby’s on the Fire Department and First Response Team, we spent our day supporting our local firefighters. There was a massive yard sale, lots of great attractions, a parade, and an annual fish fry. Tonight, we will be watching the fireworks down by the water.
In honour of Canada Day, I thought a little trivia would be fun. How much do you know about Canada? Here are a few questions for you. Feel free to add any “interesting facts about Canada” in the comments section on my blog!
- What is the origin of the name “Canada”?
- How many oceans touch Canada?
- How many countries border Canada?
- True or False? Canada is the world’s second largest country, by land mass?
- How many territories in Canada?
- True or False? Superman was created by a Canadian?
- What are Canada’s national languages?
- How many time zones in Canada?
- What is the leader of Canada called?
- What is the name of the elected lower house of Canadian parliament?
One more question for good measure: What animal is on the Canadian quarter?
* Edited to add * ANSWERS
- Huron-Iroquois word ‘kanata’, meaning village or settlement
- 3 – Atlantic, Pacific, and Arctic
- 1 – the U.S.A.
- 3 – Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut
- English and French
- The Prime Minister
- The House of Commons