In keeping with our “Today I Ate a Rainbow” theme in our family, I wanted to have a psychedelic food display!
Check out this amazing cake that The Cake Lady made! How fitting for this hippie birthday theme! A tie-dyed cake with a fabulous edible VW van!
Did you notice the license plate? I almost died laughing, because my Mom’s initials, “E.V.L.” spell “EVIL”!
We had a great time and it was so nice to see my Mom so happy and surrounded by her loved ones. The party almost did not come to fruition because of the recent death of my beloved grandmother. My Mom was just too sad and heartbroken, and not in the mood for celebrating. I told her that my grandmother would have wanted her to celebrate and be happy. Ack! The tears won’t stop flowing! I know this is what my grandmother would have wanted though.
Anyway, here are 60 Things About My Mother:
- My Mom is very youthful
- She doesn’t look a day over 40
- She loves onion rings
- She’s crazy about her four adorable grandchildren
- She’s married to her best friend
- She’s a lot more lenient with her grandchildren than she was with her own kids!
- She’s FUNNY!
- Her laugh is contagious
- She smiles a lot
- She’ll do anything for her loved ones
- She stands up for what she believes in
- Do not ever cross her!
- She’s small, but mighty!
- She’s been wanting an iPad, but keeps calling it an iPod!
- She’s a fantastic cook, although she claims that she isn’t
- She’s generous
- She still pinches people’s cheeks, even if they’re adults (mine included)
- She’s very friendly
- She’s ADDICTED to Facebook
- She’s brutally honest
- She’s my best friend and worst enemy. LOL! Kidding! Sort of! 🙂
- She loves the Beatles, the BeeGees, the Carpenters and the Lettermen
- She loves sappy romantic comedies
- It wasn’t until just a few years ago that she found out what the expression “Cut the cheese” meant!
- She hates being in the sun
- She’s not a fan of swimming
- She’s a neat freak
- Okay, maybe a bit on the obsessive compulsive side when it comes to the cleanliness and the state of the house
- She is very organized
- She has post-it notes all over the place so everyone knows what they’re doing or what they need to do
- She makes the best “pancit” (Filipino noodles)
- She always threatens to bite chubby babies. You know the saying “Aww! He/she’s so cute, I could bite him/her?” Well, Mom’s guilty of having done that!
- She loves her three kids
- She loves British style fish and chips. Won’t eat fish and chips unless served wrapped in newspaper
- Mom has a big heart
- She’s beautiful
- She likes to feed people! She’s Filipina! It’s in her culture to want to always give people LOTS of food to eat when they visit!
- She loves dancing
- She doesn’t drink (because she’s a lightweight!)
- Did you honestly think I’d make you sit here and read SIXTY things about my Mom!?! 🙂 I’m going to stop here and say…
*Hubs and my 60s costumes from http://www.costumesupercenter.com/ (from previous product reviews)