Every year for the past few years, I’ve been participating in NaBloPoMo. For National Blog Posting Month,
gluttons for punishment bloggers challenge themselves to write a blog post every day for an entire month.
Me, being the once or twice a week blogger that I am, I find it quite challenging to come up with
good content to post every day. I have to admit, that this year has been the toughest for me. So many other things have been keeping my mind away from posting every day. This said, I am the kind of person who has a guilty conscience and I always have to live up to my word. I’ve been posting every day, but the content has been quite shoddy. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve just come in under the wire with my posts.
Why do I participate in NaBloPoMo every year?
Well, I love challenges. There’s a sense of accomplishment at the end. I can say, “Yeah, I did it. It was difficult, but I did it.”
It’s also a way for me to express myself. It allows for a creative outlet and my blog is a place of my own. Being a mom, wife, teacher, and many other things, I find I don’t have anything that is my own anymore. This is something that is just for me.
I’ve also met lots of wonderful bloggers through the years via NaBloPoMo. Friendships have been formed. Support networks, contacts for work, and other blog/social media relationships have been made through blogging.
For all of you participating in NaBloPoMo, why do you do it?
Oh, I also received two awards this month! Actually, they’re the same award, but given to me by two new-to-me bloggers I met while taking part in NaBloPoMo. I’d like to thank Steph from Educational Anarchy and Taylor from Goings on out in West Texas for sharing the bloggy love and giving me this:
“Liebster” is a German word meaning dearest and the award is given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.
This is how it works:
Here are my 5 picks:
* Dairy Daze – You have become such a special part of our lives. Sharing in our ups and downs from miles away, you’ve been such a great friend. Plus, being a “reformed city girl turned farmer’s wife”, you understand when I say how crazy the cattle can be and you can laugh when I tell you I’m all dressed up, make-up and hair done…and wearing my $h!t kickers when out to meet a friend!
* Always a “Good Day” at Casa Buendia – I am happy to have become friends with you through NaBloPoMo a few years ago. I love your honesty. Keep writing, and I’ll keep reading!
* Cherry Extract – Even though you’ve been keeping us up to date more on Facebook than on the blog, I still wanted to give this to you. We “met” a few years ago through our blogs and got to know each other more through past NaBloPoMo challenges. Can you believe that was pre-baby for both of us? Time flies! Now I have a 3 year old and your little munchkin is growing fast too! Eeeek!
* Educational Anarchy – I don’t know if I’m allowed to award you with a prize you’ve already given me, but I am thankful that we stumbled upon each other’s blogs via NaBloPoMo. I really enjoy reading your posts! Witty, funny, fabulous!
* Goings on out in West Texas – I have really enjoyed reading your posts and comments, and getting to know you. You are such a gem! Hugs!