Well, this writing a blog post a day for the month of November is proving to be quite the task. With deadlines to be met, running after wayward cattle, trying to teach a toddler that pushing her friends is not nice and that she needs to remember to go to the toilet when she feels like peeing, I’m having difficulty coming up with quality writing material.
All you get today is…
Sweet Potato Chips and Kale Chips
Little One had a friend over yesterday and for a snack, I made baked sweet potato and kale chips. My friend came over the other day with her two boys and brought me some kale from their garden. Yes, it’s November and they still have kale! Fabulous!!
A bunch of kale
* Remove kale leaves from stem and cut/tear into bite sized pieces. Wash carefully and dry leaves.
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* In a baking dish/cookie sheet, spread kale and drizzle olive oil, season with salt, and cook for 10-12 minutes. I do it for 10 min. Depending on how hot your oven runs, 12 min can sometimes make the kale chips too crunchy/crispy.
1 large sweet potato
* Wash, clean, and peel sweet potato.
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
* Slice sweet potato in thin slices.
* Place on cookie sheet, drizzle olive oil, and sprinkle salt.
* Bake for 25 minutes
My toddler LOVES kale chips! She and her friend had “tea” with their kale and sweet potato chips and homemade hand-pressed apple juice.
Mommy loves how healthy these snacks are!