Like all moms, I also don’t have loads of time to prepare fancy homemade meals from scratch. I do cook our meals from scratch, but I just don’t spend hours making them. Who has hours to cook when you have young children, right?
One of Hubby’s favourite dishes is Fettucini Alfredo. I came up with a ridiculously easy recipe to have supper on the table in less than 30 minutes. I kid you not.
-box of fettucini noodles
-a bit of flour
-a bit of butter
-a bit of milk
-salt and black pepper
-1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
-1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
-chopped basil or parsley
-shrimp (I put about a cup of cooked shrimp)
1. Cook noodles as per instructions on the package.
2. In a pan, melt butter and cook the flour to make a roux. Add milk and make sure the roux is not lumpy. You can also add the garlic at this point.
3. Add shredded cheese to the mixture. It’s important to make a roux, otherwise your cheese will end up clumpy and not sauce-like.
4. Season with salt and black pepper.
5. Cook shrimp last, because it takes no time at all to cook shrimp.
6. Once pasta is cooked, drain well.
7. Add pasta to Alfredo sauce and make sure to coat the noodles well with the sauce.
8. Garnish with chopped basil or parsley.
Serve with a nice salad. I like serving this with salad greens and a balsamic vinaigrette.